Customize the theme to suit your brand.
If you need to change anything in the theme to meet your brand's requirements, go to Guide admin > Customize design. Select the theme you want to edit and click Customize. After that, you will reach the editing section.
How to change theme colors
To customize the color scheme, expand the Colors section and change the colors to meet your needs.
How to Upload Logo and Favicon Image Files
Go to the Brand section, click Replace and upload your logo/icon.
Allowed file formats: gif, png, jpg, svg.
You can click Revert to undo the changes.
How to change the image in the theme
Click Replace under each image in the Images section to change the image.
You can always click Revert to undo the changes.
Allowed file formats: gif, png, jpg, svg.
How to change the font
To change the title and text fonts, select the font you want from the drop-down menu on the Fonts tab.
Search Placeholder settings
In order to update the search settings for your theme:
- Tap Search Settings.
- Enter a text in the Search Placeholder field. Users will see it in the search bar.
IIf you have a multilingual help center, you'll need to localize the content.
Adjust search settings
You can control the way users search for content in the knowledge base and community. Put or remove the checkmark near the needed parameter.
- Instant search allows suggesting articles when users enter a search query.
Footer information text allows adding your text to the footer.
- Footer copyright text - Enter the title text (for example, © 2020 YourCompany Inc.). If you want to use multilingual text, just enter 'dc.odense_footer_copyright_text' for dynamic content.
Set up social links in the footer
You can add links to your social media profiles:
How to do it:
- Click the Footer settings URL to open your social network icon settings.
- Then, insert social links in the appropriate fields.
Leave the field blank if you do not want to add a link.
Customize your homepage and knowledge base items
- You can choose to show or not to show popular categories/sections in the settings. You need to write the id of the categories you want to display in the appropriate fields (the list of categories includes the first 30 categories/sections).
- You can add FAQ and Announcement sections. Insert the id in the appropriate fields.
- Contact Us button label - Contact us in case of any questions? If You want to use multilingual text, just put 'dc.odense_contact_us_button' for Dynamic Content.
- Popular articles header - Put the article's header in the field below. If You want to use multilingual text, just put 'dc.odense_popular_articles' for Dynamic Content.
- Request header - Can't find what you're looking for? If You want to use multilingual text, just put 'dc.odense_request_title' for Dynamic Content.
- Request subheader - Let us help you. If You want to use multilingual text, just put 'dc.odense_request_subtitle' for Dynamic Content.
- Subtitle for community heading - Put subtitle for community heading in the field bellow. If You want to use multilingual text, just put 'dc.odense_community_subtitle' for Dynamic Content.
Show recent activity on the home page.
Article page elements
You can select or deselect any of the following options:
- Articles in the section display a list of all articles in the current section at the bottom of the article.
- Author displays the avatar and name of the author in each article.
- Comments show all comments at the bottom of the article, from the oldest to the newest.
- Follow displays a button on the article so that users can subscribe to receive notifications when new comments are added to the article. Followers don't receive notifications when article content is updated.
- Recently viewed displays a list of articles recently viewed by the user at the bottom of the article.
- Related articles display a list of related articles, on a relevancy score, at the bottom of the article.
Social sharing adds elements for sharing content on social media to the article.
Section page elements
Click Section page elements, then select or deselect Follow, if you want to enable users to follow sections.
Follow displays a button on the section so that users can subscribe to receive notifications when new articles are added to the section and when new comments are added to articles in the section.
Configuring community elements
Community post elements
In the Settings panel, click Community post elements, then check or uncheck any of the following options:
- Follow displays a button on the community post so that users can subscribe to receive notifications when new comments are added to the post.
- Social sharing adds elements for sharing content on social media to the post.
Community topic elements
Click Community topic elements, then check or uncheck Follow, if you want to enable users to follow community topics.
Follow displays a button on the community topic so that users can subscribe to receive notifications when new posts are added to the topic and when new comments are added to posts in the topic.
- Enable Article Prettify
Display different kinds of components to format articles content